Proper operation with delicate handling of the fruit
– As the grapes are fed into the Reginetta 80R feed hopper, a short auger meters them into the rotating destemmer drum. By destemming prior to crushing asuperior must is obtained. The destemming drum and beaters operate at a low RPM to prevent maceration of the fruit and to keep the grape stems intact. To make this operation more delicate, the destemming paddles are now made of food grade polyurethane plastic instead of metal. The rotary destemming paddles offer the winemaker the possibility of adjusting the destemmer axle for the best operation of specific grape varieties. The speed of the grape in-feed auger is adjustable independent of the speed of the distemming paddles. This insures that the flow of grapesTechnology developed to keep all the features of the fruit inctact.
– As the grapes are fed into the GEMIGNANI feed opper, a short auger meters them into the rotating distemper drum. By destemming prior to crushing a superior must is obtained. The sheeting of the destemming drum is with round countersunk holes. This avoids maceration of the fruit and keeps the grape stems intact. The rotary destemming paddles offer the winemaker the possibility of adjusting, the destemmer axle for the best operation on specific grape vaneties.
– The speed of the grape infeed auger is adjustable independent of the speed of the destemming paddles. This insures that the flow of grapes through the machine can be optimized for each variety.
– The GEMIGNANI crushing rollers are mounted under the destemming drum so no stems are crushed into the must.The rollers are made of rubber and they are with small teeth in order to have the right crushmg action. Two calibrated hand wheels on the outside of the machine allow the operator to set the roller spacing to give the desired amount of crushing.
Great versatility in its use. The destemmer-crusher GEMIGNANI in its standard model, is provided with:
– Electrical control panel with starttstop buttons, machanical speed control to adapt the speed to the different worked varieties of grapes, destemming axle with rubber adjustable paddles. drum made of pierced stainless steel sheeting, must gathering tank with infeed auger that also acts as amust mixer and fitting for suction pumps.
– Whenever you don’t like using suction pumps, you can use many other kinds of pumps equipped with must gathering tank, like pumps with elliptical rotor, mono pumps: you only need to remove the must gathering tank from its slides.
For the most criticai winemakers a d rum made of plastic material can be supplied (it is an optional). This can be used with manually picked grapes only. For an the wine-lndustries which need a bigger hopper to unload their grapes, our GEMIGNANI unit can be supplied with a longitudinal hopper on its upper side. This is also an optional (model R-TL).
– Sanitation is one of the most criticai aspects of winemaking. The GEMIGNANI is designed to be fully disassembled for cleamng in few seconds. So you can easily clean all the parts of the machine that still have pleces of worked grapes.
– Its transmission and its motor are compltely isolated from the where the product is worked.
– Techical characteristics are not binding. The company reserves the right to make modifications without giving prior notice.