Proper operation with delicate handling of the fruit
– As the grapes are fed into the Reginetta 150RTL feed hopper, a short auger meters them into the rotating destemmer drum. By destemming prior to crushing asuperior must is obtained. The destemming drum and beaters operate at a low RPM to prevent maceration of the fruit and to keep the grape stems intact. To make this operation more delicate, the destemming paddles are now made of food grade polyurethane plastic instead of metal. The rotary destemming paddles offer the winemaker the possibility of adjusting the destemmer axle for the best operation of specific grape varieties. The speed of the grape in-feed auger is adjustable independent of the speed of the distemming paddles. This insures that the flow of grapes through the machine can be optimized for each variety. A second variable speed drive allows the winemaker to optimize the rotation speed of the distemming drum and the beaters. The speed control operates on both the drum and the beaters keeping their individual operation in proper synchronization.
– The Reginetta 150RTL crushing rollers are under the distemming drum so no stems are crushed into the must. The rollers are made of stainless steel and covered with food grade rubber. Adjustment requires no tools. Two calibrated hand wheels on the outside of the machine allow the operator to set the roller spacing to give the desired amount of crushing.
Great versatility in its use
– The “Reginetta 150RTL” destemmer-crusher is mounted on wheels to allow it to be easily moved about the winery. Two of the wheels can be locked to give the machine more stability while in operation.
– The standard “Reginetta 150RTL” destemming drum will work all common grape varieties. lf the winemaker sees a need far a special custom destemming drum, it can be quickly installed. lf a different hole size is desired it can be accomodated by special arder.
– The Reginetta 150RTL can also be used as a destemmer only if the winemaker desires whole berries. This can be dane in two differentways. Either the rollers can be opened ali the way (to a maximum of 45mm. (l 3/4) ali the rollers can be removed entirely from the base of the machine.
Complete removal of the crushing roller assembly is fast and easy by opening four latches.
– Destemming action can be eliminate for stem return by removing the destemming d rum and axle from the machine. In this case the production of the machine will be less due to the crusher having to handle the stems.
– The destemmer – crusher Reginetta 150RTL, in its standard model, is provided with: electrical control panel with starters and safety devices, removable adjustable crushing rollers, epicyclical speed control for the in-feed auger, epicyclical speed control for destemmer, must collection tank with in-feed auger that acts as a must mixer 80 mm sanitary fitting for the must line.
– The Reginetta 150RTL offers you two optionals on the must pump. You can use an external suction type must pump with the Reginetta 150RTL must tank in place. Or you can use a volumetric pump with its own in-feed hopper. To change over, unplug the power cable for existing Reginetta must tank and slide it out ofthe way.
– If the winemaker desires destemming only, the machine can be sold without the crushing roller assembly. A chute will be installed instead to convey the crushed grapes from the machine.
– Sanitation is one of the must critical aspects of winemaking. The Reginetta 150RTL is designed to be quickly disassembled for cleaning.
– By releasing the special lever operated latches the operator can remove the destemmer cover. Then the hood for the grape stem exit is removed followed by the destemming drum and axle. The crushing roller assembly can be released from one side of the machine and swung open for cleaning or removed from the machine completely. Notools are required.
A praticai design with operator safety in mind
– The operation of the Reginetta 150RTL machine is simple and practical. The speed of the destemmer and in-feed auger are adjusted by two hand wheels.
– Both are mounted where they are easy to reach. The destemmer speed hand wheel is equipped with a calibrated scale so the winemaker can always reset the machine to the optimum speed for each variety.
– The electrical safety system stops the machine if any of the covers are opened. The machine acan only be restarted when the covers are latched back into place and the start button pressed again. The Reginetta 150RTL is also equipped with an emergency stop switch for the operator and meets all of the safety requirements of the stringent European standard “CE”.